The first meeting of the Working Group 3 will take place in Birmingham Apr. 14th – 16th 2014.
The Working group focuses on the control of chemical reactivity using laser light. There will be 5 sessions covering control strategies, strong field control, measuring the evolving system, control in the condensed phase and applications. Contributions from young scientists are encouraged: as a talk or as a poster.
Registration will be open Feb. 15th.
For further details see www.stchem.bham.ac.uk/~worthgrp/xlic_wg3_2014
The 1st XLIC Work Group 1 (Ultrafast electron dynamics in molecules) meeting will take place on July 3-4, 2014. It will be co-located with the workshop Free Electron Lasers and Attosecond Sources (http://www.ucl.ac.uk/phys/amopp/atto-fel-conference) at UCL London.
PROGRAM: The WG1 meeting will be organized in a format similar to Faraday discussions.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS (about 200 words) is closed. They should address discussion points raised by the discussion leaders. Submitted abstracts will serve to organize the sessions, promoting discussions on most challenging aspects of ultrafast laser-matter interaction. The deadline for abstract submission was April 28.
The abstracts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The name of the files should contain the number of the topic and your name, e.g. “3_smirnova.doc” means the contribution by Olga Smirnova to the topic “High harmonic spectroscopy”.
- Topic 1: XFEL and X-ray spectroscopy: experiment (Discussion leader: Jon Marangos)
- Topic 2: Theory of atoms and molecules under intense short wavelength radiation (Discussion leader: Peter Lambropoulos)
- Topic 3: High harmonic spectroscopy (Discussion leader: Yann Mairesse)
- Topic 4: Time-dependent computational methods for multielectron systems in external fields (Discussion leader: Alejandro Saenz)
- Topic 5: Multielectron ionization & coupled electron-nuclear dynamics (Discussion leader: Agapi Emmanouilidou )
In addition there will be two “Work in groups” sessions:
- Group 1: TDDFT and applications to attosecond spectroscopy
Discussion leaders: Francoise Remacle and Franck Lepine
- Group 2: Electron dynamics in strong IR fields
Discussion leader: Bernard Piraux
The program for each session/topic can be checked following the links above.
BUDGET ACCOMMODATION: Single rooms at UCL dorms are still available for booking either at “Schafer House” for 36.5 pounds per night or at “Ifor Evans” house for 32.5 pounds per night.
Book your room by sending e-mail to Ms Cherril Fontaine email@example.com
WG1 MEETING REGISTRATION (NEW DEADLINE: April 11th, 2014 at midnight):No more submissions accepted at this time.