The first meeting of the Working Group 3 will take place in Birmingham Apr. 14th – 16th 2014.
The Working group focuses on the control of chemical reactivity using laser light. There will be 5 sessions covering control strategies, strong field control, measuring the evolving system, control in the condensed phase and applications. Contributions from young scientists are encouraged: as a talk or as a poster.
Registration will be open Feb. 15th.
For further details see www.stchem.bham.ac.uk/~worthgrp/xlic_wg3_2014
The 3rd meeting organized in the framework of Working Group 2 of COST Action CM1204 (XUV/X-ray light and fast ions for ultrafast chemistry) will take place in Leiden (Netherlands) from May 11 to 13, 2015. It will be an expert meeting centered on Large Interstellar Molecules: “Energetic Processing of Large Interstellar Molecules”.
Three key questions will be addressed during the workshop:
- Which experimental techniques do we need to develop to probe correlated electronic-vibrational dynamics in photo-activated molecules?
- What is the functional role of non-equilibrium vibrational motion for energy and charge transport as well as energy storage in biomolecules? How are these specific molecular motions “selected”?
- Do we have an appropriate theoretical framework to describe and understand these phenomena? Is the predictive power of the current theories enough to accurately predict dynamics and functionality?
More information can be found on the meeting website: http://www.lorentzcenter.nl/lc/web/2015/725/info.php3?wsid=725&venue=Snellius
The participation of a limited number of XLIC participants and speakers will be supported with the Action budget. Participants entitled for reimbursement should have been informally notified about their status.
By the end of March, all participants will receive an official invitation to the meeting confirming their eligibility status and highligting some of the COST rules for reimbursement which should be carefully examined before incurring any expense in:
- COST Vademecum, page 19-23, and /or
- the instructions on how to fill the Travel Reimbursement Request Form (TRR)
Since the budget allocated for the meeting is limited, it is highly reccomended keeping the claims for meals and accomodation at the actual level of expensiture during the meeting. Nevertheless. in compliance with COST rules, this subsistence expenses will be reimbursed on the basis of flat rates (no need to show invoices). The applicable flat rates for this meeting, as approved by XLIC Management Committee, are 100 EUR for accommodation and 0 EUR for meals.
For travel expenses actual costs can be claimed on the basis of the receipts provided. (Any restriction applying to travel expenses will be notified to each participant entitled for reimbursement)
IMPORTANT: Participants selected for reimbursement are kindly asked to keep their expenses as low as possible to ensure a wide distribution of the Action budget.
The submission of claims shall be done after the meeting, but, for any non-regular expense or doubt you may have, please, better ask in advance (email@example.com). E.g. fligths departure/arrivals from/to places other than where the eligible participant is working/residing, extra meals, nights, taxi expenses, etc. shall not be reimbursed if permission is not requested before the meeting.
The 2nd COST XLIC Working Group 3 Meeting – Control of Chemical Reactivity will be held at Queen’s University Belfast, on 4th – 5th April 2016.
Scope of the meeting:
The topic of interest of the XLIC Working Group 3 (WG3) is to control the reactivity of highly excited and/or ionized molecules through pump-probe techniques and High Harmonic spectroscopy, i.e., to control electron transfer, isomerization and dissociation with attosecond temporal and sub-Angstrom spatial resolution.
Specific areas addressed by the WG are:
* Development and application of optimal control theory (OCT)
* Use of time-resolved pump-probe techniques to control process relevant to atmospheric chemistry or biomolecules
* Development and use of current theories to treat the dynamics of pump-probe experiments
* Study of the response of molecular systems irradiated by strong fields
The 2nd WG3 meeting will be hosted by Queen’s University Belfast over two full days (4th-5th April 2016) with contributions from invited speakers and young scientists, including a poster session.
The meeting will be held in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Queen’s University Belfast. The University is about 15 minutes walk from the City Centre and there are a number hotels in the area. While there are direct flights from European cities to Belfast International Airport (Paris, Vienna, Prague, Pisa, Geneva, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Krakow, Nice, Split), Dublin is accessible from many more cities and there is a regular bus connection to Belfast (2 hours).
Delegates should arrive on Sun 3rd April and leave on Wed 6th April. To register, and for more information, including accommodation, see the conference webpage – http://go.qub.ac.uk/XLIC-WG3.
Registration and poster abstract deadline: 1 March 2016
Early career researchers are particularly encouraged to attend the meeting and present their latest results.
Click the link to download a copy of the program.
Support to participants:
Invited speakers (and some selected participants) who had received an invitation to be reimbursed, can claim their travel and subsistence expenses in accordance to COST rules.
Participants are advised to check COST Vademecum (pages 20-24) before incurring on any expense and to take into account that the flat rate for accomodation has been reduced to 100 EUR.
In particular, please:
– check the supporting documents you should provide in case you are travelling to and from countries other than that where the approved meeting is being held and the country where you are residing. A proper justification and all the documents detailed in page 22 of COST Vademecum should be provided when sending the claim. If not, the claim will be rejected.
– take note on the current definition on Local transport expenses on page 24 of COST Vademecum: now, you should provide tickets/invoices for any trip occurring within the same country if the claim exceeds 25 EUR.
Local Organising Committee:
Jason Greenwood (QUB) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Graham Worth (Birmingham) (email@example.com)
Daniel Dundas (QUB) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hugo van der Hart (QUB) (email@example.com)