The International Workshop on Photoionization and Resonant Inelastic X-Ray Scattering (IWP & RIXS 2014) will take place in Erice, Sicily, Italy during 26th August – 1st September, 2014 and will be hosted by the Ettore Majorana Foundation and Centre for Scientific Culture.
The aim of the workshop is to discuss excitation and ionization of a variety of targets by photon impact, as well as the decay of these photoexcited and photoionized species and the use of photon-in¬photon-out techniques. Areas of interest range from atoms to molecules, ions, radicals, clusters, liquids, adsorbates and solids.
A special session will be dedicated to the memory of Prof. Uwe Becker who was initially a chairman of the workshop.
More informations can be found visiting the Conference web site at: http://www.iwp_rixs2014.mlib.cnr.it
The 12th Femtochemistry Conference (FEMTO12) – Frontiers of ultrafast phenomena in Chemistry, Biology, and Physics – will take place in Hamburg, Germany, from 12. to 17. July 2015. The venue will be the Campus Bahrenfeld of DESY and the University of Hamburg, which with its unique facilities and scientific environment provides a great scientific setting for this ultrafast science conference.
Hamburg, officially “Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg”, is the second largest city in Germany and the eighth largest city in the European Union. The Hamburg Metropolitan Region has more than 5 million inhabitants. The port of Hamburg, on the river Elbe, is the second largest port in Europe (after the Port of Rotterdam) and tenth largest worldwide. Hamburg is a major transport hub and is one of the most affluent cities in Europe. The city is a notable tourist destination for both domestic and overseas visitors and it is ranked 17th in the world for livability in 2012. See, for instance, http://english.hamburg.de for more details on the city.
FEMTO12 will bring together scientists from all over the world to present and discuss the most recent advances in femtosciences, including reaction dynamics, coherent control, structural dynamics, solvation phenomena, liquids and interfaces, fast processes in biological systems, strong field processes, attosecond electron dynamics and aggregates, surfaces and solids with contributions from both theory and experiment.
Registration is open at http://www.femto12.org/registration, with a deadline of 30. April 2015 for abstract submission and early bird payment. A number of submitted abstracts will be selected for hot topics talks.
In order to allow as many early-stage researchers as possible to attend the conference, the Hamburg Center for Ultrafast Imaging provides substantial support for PhD students upon application. Please see http://www.femto12.org/registration for details. Moreover, a block of rooms is set aside in the DESY guest house especially for students participating in FEMTO12.
Further details regarding travel and housing are provided on the FEMTO12 website.
The confirmed invited speakers are listed at http://www.femto12.org/program/speaker and currently include
- Bernd Abel (Universität Leibzig)
- Philip Anfinrud (NIDDK, NIH, Bethesda, MD)
- Huib Bakker (AMOLF, Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Misha Bonn (MPI Polymer Research, Mainz)
- Tobias Brixner (Universität Würzburg)
- Francesca Calegari (Politecnico di Milano)
- Martin Centurion (University of Nebraska)
- Henry Chapman (CFEL, DESY and Universität Hamburg)
- Majed Chergui (EPFL Lausanne)
- Martina Dell’Angela (Elettra Sincrotrone Trieste)
- Thomas Elsaesser (Max-Born-Institut, Berlin)
- Fernando Martín García (Universidad Autonoma de Madrid)
- Leticia González (Universität Wien)
- Frank de Groot (University of Utrecht)
- Kevin Kubarych (University of Michigan)
- Damien Laage (ENS Paris)
- Stefan Lochbrunner (Universität Rostock)
- Jom Luiten (Technische Universiteit Eindhoven)
- Dwayne Miller (CFEL, MPSD, Hamburg and University of Toronto)
- Keith Nelson (MIT, Cambridge, MA)
- Kenji Ohmori (Institute for Molecular Science, Okazaki)
- Hrvoje Petek (University of Pittsburgh)
- Arnaud Rouzée (Max-Born-Institut, Berlin)
- Artem Rudenko (Kansas State University)
- Tamar Seideman (Northwestern University, Evanston, IL)
- Henrik Stapelfeldt (Aarhus University)
- Villy Sundström (University of Lund)
- Toshinori Suzuki (Kyoto University)
- Regina de Vivie-Riedle (LMU München)
- Peter Vöhringer (Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn)
- Matthias Wollenhaupt (Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg)
- Hans Jakob Wörner (ETH Zürich)
The scientific workshop: “Massive Computation for Ultrafast Molecular Breaking” (MACUMB 2017) will be held in the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain) on 25th and 26th of May 2017.
The scientific program (http://www.macumb.info/programme.html) includes ten invited talks that will be combined with two 3-hours practical sessions in computer rooms. We aim to bring together developers of the state-of-the-art scientific software in the field of quantum chemistry and molecular physics.
Registration is already open and closes on May 15th, 2017. The registration for the meeting is free for all participants.
You can find detailed information at http://www.macumb.info/
Alicia Palacios, Sergio Díaz-Tendero and Jesús González-Vázquez
Departamento de Química, Facultad de Ciencias
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
The two ICPEAC satellite meetings:
- The 25th International Symposium on Ion Atom Collisions (http://atom.curtin.edu.au/isiac)
- International Symposium on (e,2e), Double Photoionization and Related Topics with the 19th International Symposium on Polarization and Correlation in Electronic and Atomic Collisions http://atom.curtin.edu.au/e2epol
still welcome abstract submissions until the end of April. The confirmed invited speakers are available at the respective Scientific Program links.
We look forward to your participation,
Alisher Kadyrov, Chair of ISIAC
Igor Bray, Chair of (e,2e)-pol
The Femtochemistry (FEMTO13) Conference will be dedicated to the Legacy of Professor Ahmed Zewail.
FEMTO13 will take place in Cancun, Mexico, from August 12th to 17th, 2017. At the conference there will be a Mini-Symposium of Zewail Alumi, and there will be a Mini-Symposium where The 6th Ahmed Zewail Prize in Molecular Sciences will be awarded to Professor Michael Grätzel from the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland.
The venue will be the Marriott Resort Casamagna Cancun, located on the beach near Cancun city and not too far from the Maya city of Tulum.
We invite you to visit us @ http://femto13.unam.mx/ to explore our list of outstanding invited speakers and exciting scientific program.
Marcos Dantus and Jorge Peon
If you have any questions or you would like to see our first circular email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The next Joint Iberian Meeting on Atomic and Molecular Physics IBER 2017 will take place in Barcelona, Spain from September 12 to 14, 2017.
IBER is the biannual conference organised jointly by the Atomic and Molecular Physics Specialised Group (GEFAM) of the Spanish Royal Society of Physics and the Portuguese Society of Physics.
The main purpose of this series of IBER conferences is to bring together scientists of Iberian community dedicated to Atomic and Molecular Physics and related areas of to facilitate the interaction and exchange of knowledge between their research groups. Researchers and scientists from all over Europe and the world are invited to attend this conference and share knowledge. The conference will be structured in three days with plenary lectures, invited lectures, oral presentations and a poster session.
For detailed information and registration please visit:
Specific topics of IBER include:
- Quantum Physics and Chemistry
- Experimental Techniques and Applied Physics
- Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy and Structure
- Biomolecules and Biophysics
- Clusters, Nanoparticles
- Surfaces and Condensed Phases
- Dynamical Studies of Elementary Processes
- Femtochemistry and Laser Control
List of Confirmed Speakers
M. Alcamí, U. Autónoma de Madrid (Spain)
V. Aquilanti, U. de Perugia (Italy)
A. Bergeat, U. de Bordeaux (France)
F. Calegari, U. of Hamburg (Germany)
M.L. Carvalho, U. Nova Lisboa (Portugal)
D. Clary, Oxford University (UK)
B. Costa Cabral, U. Lisboa (Portugal)
L.M. Frutos, U. de Alcalá de Henares (Spain)
P. García Jambrina, U. Complutense de Madrid (Spain)
P. Jönsson, Malmö högskola, Malmö (Sweden)
U. Manthe. Universität Bielfeld (Germany)
T. Martinez, Stanford University (USA)
B. Maté, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (Spain)
E. Narevicius, Weizmann Institute (Israel)
J. A. Paixão, U. de Coimbra, (Portugal)
M. J. Ramos, U. de Porto (Portugal)
O. Roncero, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (Spain)
D. Shalashilin, U. of Leeds (UK)
S. Willitchs, U. Basel (Switzerland)
Registration is now open. The deadline for early-bird registration is July 6th while abstract submission will be open until June 9th. Please mark your calendars.
Approximately 10-12 contributions will be selected for oral communications. The participation of young researchers and students is particularly welcome.
We looking forward to welcoming in Barcelona!
With best regards
The Organising Committee at Universitat de Barcelona,
Antonio Aguilar Navarro (Chairman)
Margarita Albertí Wirsing
Miguel González Pérez
Fermín Huarte-Larrañaga (Secretary)
Estefanía López Marne
Josep Maria Lucas
Departament de Ciència de Materials i Química Física
Secció de Química Física
Institut de Química Teòrica i Computacional de la UB (IQTCUB)
Universitat de Barcelona