We are looking for a postdoctoral appointee to work in one of the two detailed projects below under the supervision of Dr. Antonio Picón at the Chemistry Department (http://campusys.qui.uam.es/) of the University Autónoma de Madrid (Spain).
- Starting date: The position is expected to start by September 2018, and may be funded for two years, subject to the positive evaluation of the hired researcher.
- Remuneration: Gross salary (before applying national income taxes) is 30.000 Euros/year (it includes Spanish Social Security and public healthcare).
- Studies of electron transport induced by IR and mid-IR pulsed lasers in semiconductor and two-dimensional materials.
Resolving the real-time motion of carriers amongst valence and conduction band states provides the foundation for the development of materials with novel functionality and the advancement of modern electronics. Future studies using ultrafast capabilities with few-/sub-femtosecond x-ray transient absorption are essential to understand the optical response of materials in the early steps and unveil the role of electron-electron and electron-phonon scattering. The aim of this project is to develop a novel theoretical approach to understand the role of electron transport in semiconductor and other attractive two-dimensional materials via x-ray spectroscopy.
- Studies of charge migration in relevant biomolecules and in photosensitizers molecules for catalysis research.
Charge migration plays a fundamental question to be addressed in the next years, especially for the development of imaging techniques in biomolecules with few-femtosecond/sub-femtosecond x-ray pulses. The group has a strong tradition in this important research line. This project plans to simulate the x-ray probing and explore the possibility with ultrashort x-rays to track the induced charge migration. These studies will be possible to be experimentally conducted in free-electron laser (XFEL) facilities and in novel soft-x-ray HHG-laser-based sources.
POSTDOCTORAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- PhD degree in Physics, Material Physics, Chemical Physics or related,
- Strong background in quantum chemistry, including the modeling of electronic excited states.
- Experience in FORTRAN/C++ programming, treatment of periodic systems and/or dynamical calculations will be positively considered.
Applicants should send his/her CV, including the names of two persons of reference, and contact information (in a single pdf file named as the candidate) to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 30th 2018. Please, include the reference 2017-T1/IND-5432 in the subject of your message.
Recommendation letters could be requested during the selection process.
Selected candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
The Comunidad de Madrid regional government provides funding for this job in the frame the call to attract research talent to work in research groups at the Madrid region (Ref. 2017-T1/IND-5432).