The Central European Research Infrastructure Consortium (CERIC) – ERIC (www.ceric-eric.eu ), is an integrated multidisciplinary Research Infrastructure open for basic and applied research in the fields of Materials, Biomaterials and Nanotechnology. CERIC has been built by integrating leading national research facilities based in 8 countries (Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania and Serbia) into a unique European entity supporting the production of basic knowledge and technology transfer and promoting the mobility of researchers in an international multicultural scientific environment.
One post-doctoral position is available for the CERIC-ERIC project Dyna Chiro. The project will investigate the chiral and dynamical properties of matter using the Elettra and Solaris synchrotrons, and other facilities within the CERIC consortium. In addition, instrumentation development will be carried out.
- The position will be located at the Solaris synchrotron, Krakow, Poland, (http://www.synchrotron.uj.edu.pl/en_GB/solaris). The successful candidate will perform experiments on topological insulators using synchrotron light and laser (High Harmonic Generation) sources, under the supervision of Prof. M. Stankiewicz and Prof. J. Szade. In addition, the candidate will participate in soft x-ray beamline development. The candidate will work in collaboration with the other Italian and Slovenian partners in the project.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Ph.D. in Physics, Chemistry or a related discipline is required.
- Experience in one or more of the following techniques is necessary: ultra-high-vacuum (UHV) methods for surface analysis, synchrotron based photoelectron spectroscopy, X-ray absorption, soft x-ray beamline technology, instrumentation science.
- The ability to work unsupervised, or together with a team, and the ability to interact with staff and users in an international environment is essential. Good oral and written communication skills in English are necessary. Italian and/or Polish language skills are an advantage.
- Duration – 12 months, with the possibility of renewal for up to a further 12 months subject to satisfactory performance.
- The salary will be commensurate with previous experience and qualifications of the Candidate.
Applications should include a full curriculum vitae and the names and contact information (including electronic mail addresses) of two or three referees, and be sent by the 24th of March, 2017. If no suitable candidate is found at that date, the search will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The applications should be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com, with the subject Post-doctoral position at CERIC-ERIC – Dyna Chiro – Solaris.
For further information about the project, contact please contact:
See the job offer in pdf: DynaChiro_position in Solaris_1Feb17