The division of Prof. Thomas Pfeifer, focusing on the fundamental physics of quantum dynamics and control at the Max Planck Institut für Kernphysik at Heidelberg, (Germany), offers a stimulating and international research environment and invites applications for
Post-Doctoral Research Associates
with or without group-leader function
depending on scientific qualification and standing
– Time-resolved control and precision spectroscopy/metrology, especially regarding x-ray (>10 keV) nuclear transitions on the nano-, pico-, and femto-second scale
– Mössbauer spectroscopy with natural isotopes and pulsed synchrotron/free-electron Laser (FEL) light sources
– A doctoral degree or PhD in physics
– Prior experience with some experimental techniques mentioned above certified by publications with contributions as a main author
– Highly beneficial: Experience with femtosecond spectroscopy and/or control, in the best case applied to lattice vibrations / phonons
The salary will be paid according to the collective agreement for civil service employees (TVöD) and includes additional retirement benefits (VBL). The details will depend on the qualification of the applicant. The contract period is for 2 years with the possibility of extension.
Further information about our research division can be found
Please apply ONLINE no later than 15 December 2015. Required documents: cover letter (reference # 18 -2015), CV, research statement, publication list, copy of doctoral/PhD diploma and contact details of at least three referees.
Download full information about this position in pdf format here: 18-2015_Postdocs_Pfeifer_engl