A 10-days Hands-on Tutorial Workshop on Density-functional theory and beyond: First-principles simulations of molecules and materials will be held on July 13 to 23, 2015, at Harnack House Berlin (http://th.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/sitesub/meetings/dft-workshop-2015/)
This ten-day Hands-On Tutorial Workshop introduces the basic and current developments in electronic structure theory for an intended audience of researchers entering the field. Morning lectures on the most important topics will be given by a field of international experts, complemented by afternoon hands-on sessions – practical exercises with computers – to deepen selected topics. For example, we cover:
* Density-functional theory (DFT) and quantum chemical approaches
* The most important numerical implementations
* Advanced functionals (capabilities and limits!)
* Electronic structure theory “beyond traditional Kohn-Sham DFT” (including GW, TDDFT, many-body formalisms)
* Ab initio molecular dynamics and nuclear quantum effects
* Multiscale approaches and statistical learning based on first principles
… and a wide range of other topics.
The application and poster-abstract submission interfaces for the workshop are now open until March 31. For space reasons, the number of participants will be limited to approximately 70. Acceptance decisions will be made within 2 weeks after the deadline (April 15, 2015).
Limited funds for financial support are available.
See the web page for details: